How do I go about building my network?
Building a network is not something you can do in a week or two, it is a commitment that requires effort and structure.
- Identify the types of people you wish to connect with
Prospective clients, other industries that refer work to your expertise,
- Find events that these types attend
- Be consistent in your attendance
Building a trusted profile by attending frequently and getting to know people deepening the relationship.
- Follow up with your contacts well after the event has finished
- Maintain the relationship
Remembering some relationships you may have for years before you are able to help them or they you – however maintaining the trust over that period of time is crucial.